1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Stand Stability

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by lonny, Jan 3, 2003.

1. lonny

lonny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hello,

I have recently ordered a Panasonic 42" screen and the stand TY-ST05-S and am now awaiting delivery.

Looking through the installation manual for the stand (on panasonic.co.uk), it shows that the stand can be made more stable by either tying it to the table it is sitting on or attaching a cable to the wall behind it.

I was planning to just have the screen sit on a table without any further attachment and I am wondering if one of these extra attachments are essential - ie. how stable is the screen just sat on its stand?? i'm aware that it would be safer if knocked into if it was attached to something but i'm willing to take this risk unless the screen is going to fall over without more attachment...

Any comments from people with this setup appreciated!

2. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    It's perfectly stable. I've been using the stand for a few months now with no problems, even with a rampant 2yr old in the room.

3. r22flyer

r22flyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me too... no problems...

I'm using a 42in Panny with the table top stand - it sits nicely on a custom made glass AV stand - very stable indeed...

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    The table top stand sticks to my TV unit like glue.
    I tried to move the plasma before Christmas to do some cleaning and the only way it would move was to pick it up off the unit, it just would not slide.
    To even tilt the plasma I had to grab the handles at the top and give a solid tug at it.
    The plasma is light, but not that light. Once set up it aint going anywhere (unless you take a running jump at it :D )

Mark.

5. BigH

BigH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi,

I've got the 50" panny with the table stand, it is both well made and sturdy, short of hurling myself at it I don't see a problem. I chose not to install the additional straps.

Regards,