1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic stand query

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Listerdude, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Listerdude

Listerdude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if it's possible for the Panasonic TY-ST42PX20 stand that is made for the TH-37PE30 & TH42PE30 to fit a Panasonic 42PV500b plasma?

2. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I think the PV500 series is wider due to the speakers on the side rather than the base but you can adjust the spikes on the stand from what I know. Personally unless it says it supports the PV500 too I wouldn't chance it.

3. Listerdude

Listerdude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The TH42PE30 speakers are on the side not on the base..I thought the PV500 did have it's speakers underneath are you sure you haven't got this the wrong way around?

I wouldn't be at all suprised to learn that it did fit though.

4. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    im in exactly the same situation im getting my TV next week but JL dont know when Panny are getting the Pedestal stands in, for the meantime, im just gonna use the polystrene and have it on the floor, just to try it out, cant wait. JL did say they hope the stands will be here by next week. So hopefully Panny will get them in sooner rather than later.

5. VTR

VTR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Be careful about just using the polystyrene to stand it in/on until the pedestal arrives, the screen is quite a weight (40kg!) & could topple over. It would be such a shame if it was damaged after such a long wait:eek:
    BTW, the pedestal stand weigh's quite a bit too!!!

6. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    your right m8, but mal had already done this and it seemed to him that it was sturdy enough, but your absolutely right that care needs to be taken and get it on the Pedestal as soon as possible. Hopefully they will arrive next week also, just to be on the safe side.