• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic st50 recording

duttie

Standard Member
How to I record program's on this TV I know I need a USB of some sort but will any type work or do I need a certain one an what's the max size of the usb i can use any help please

fasda

Established Member
Page 98 of owners manual states " The capacity of USB HDD that has been tested for the performance with this TV is 160GB to 3TB.

MemX

Prominent Member
Dumb questions alert...

Does the TV Tuner in the TV have to be directly connected to the wall socket, so it records direct from the TV Tuner?

Or can it record whatever you're watching through the freesat box?

Do you have to be watching the program that is being recorded?

Feel free to tell me to RTFM if you want to :p :laugh:

Tricky4091

Standard Member
Dumb questions alert...

Does the TV Tuner in the TV have to be directly connected to the wall socket, so it records direct from the TV Tuner?

Or can it record whatever you're watching through the freesat box?

Do you have to be watching the program that is being recorded?

Feel free to tell me to RTFM if you want to :p :laugh:
I have the aerial going to my Humax, then into the TV from the Humax. When setting up a recording it takes the feed from the built in TV tuner. I have no idea if it can record something from an external device but I very much doubt it.

When recording the TV is tuned into that station and you cannot change it. You can however watch something else you have recorded, or an input from another external device or even chase play what you are recording.

I have only managed to get a hard drive to work, all of the USB sticks I tried refused to work. I could see them and read from them, just not format them to use for recording.

MemX

Prominent Member
Thanks for the info! :)

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom