Panasonic ST30 Owners Thread *Part 3*

Status
Not open for further replies.
picture settings wise I had mine on about 35% brightness and contrast for the first 100 hours (could still see what I was watching!), then upto 50% when I got to 100 hours and now have contrast about 70%, brightness about halfway, same with colour, about the same with sharpness I think, maybe a bit lower. all this just in normal mode. It still needs tweaking but it looks so good I keep forgetting!

I've left pixel orbiter on, clear cinema on I think but the rest turned off, especially intelligent frame creation.

in terms of general pros and cons (having a 42ST30) the main pro is a much more "real" picture than any LCD/LED i've seen and no backlight issues to contend with. I've had no blobs or fan noises or buzzing or other issues, I count myself lucky.

For £450 it's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned, of course there is a risk with plasmas if you're doing a lot of gaming but I haven't had a hint of image retention yet (will resume gaming soon). I would say definitely suffer through those first 200 hours. Not sure the break-in dvds are entirely necessary, just leave it on BBC2 during the day (lots of bright home/garden/studio shows) and then find something without logos overnight.

bit of a bummer that it doesn't pass through 5.1 but I was watching the green hornet on a sky sd box friday night with pro-logic II passed through the digital out and it sounded great. Any TV that makes the green hornet a great film must be good!:D

For anyone who wants to get John Lewis to price match...... Comet are doing the 50ST30 with two pairs of glasses for £699 again:

Comet | Come and Play | Search Results

I have noticed that if you click on the item you get an error page. You can add it to the basket though so must be a live price/item.

For anyone who wants to get John Lewis to price match...... Comet are doing the 50ST30 with two pairs of glasses for £699 again:

Comet | Come and Play | Search Results

I have noticed that if you click on the item you get an error page. You can add it to the basket though so must be a live price/item.

So as JL are now only doing the tv without glasses what happens regarding price match ie if you buy the tv from JL do the have to provide the glasses?

no, it has to be a product they sell, they dont sell one with glasses so they will only price match for items they list.

Personally i would leave it off as it will have an effect on PQ.:)

Will it?? so leave it Off no matter what..

then what about Aspect Ratio.. 16:9 or Auto?? (the button for it is next to the Menu one on the remote, Top Left)

leedebs said:
So as JL are now only doing the tv without glasses what happens regarding price match ie if you buy the tv from JL do the have to provide the glasses?

Correct, they should provide glasses also.

GoNz0 said:
no, it has to be a product they sell, they dont sell one with glasses so they will only price match for items they list.

Incorrect (for me at least). When I bought my 42ST30 they weren't offering it with glasses but they still price matched against Comet's 42ST31 with glasses package. All they did was sell me the TV for £549 which was their tv only price anyway and they threw in two pairs of glasses for free (well they charged me for them first but then refunded the cost when I took delivery).

GoNz0 said:
i stand corrected :)

To be fair, their price matching can sometimes be a bit of a lottery so I wouldn't be surprised if they did refuse it for some people.

i know, i got given a price match and the girl on the phone added the free glasses to match there in store product, then refunded me £159 from the £699 as the glasses never made it here.

still waiting to see if they honour the £100 off code, i doubt it but would be nice if they did!

Aaaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!!!

Effing green bleedin Mr Blobbies :facepalm:

and it was all going so well the first couple days. I can see why folk get irritated by this. I've literally only noticed them within the last 15 minutes and they're doing my nut in. It's an obvious discoloration on the screen but not too overwhelming. In fact, I only noticed when I used the internet on my HTPC with the white (ok, grey ;) ) web page background.

It's possible it may have been there even from day one but I've mostly watched just football and I can guarantee no one would see the green blobs on that :D

I suppose it was only a matter of time :thumbsdow

it just takes the right shade to make you see red (or green as the case may be :( )

I'm telling you, it's there on all of them. The only difference is whether you've noticed it yet.

Will it?? so leave it Off no matter what..

then what about Aspect Ratio.. 16:9 or Auto?? (the button for it is next to the Menu one on the remote, Top Left)

Yeah leave it off.

Auto.:)

Wootball said:
I'm telling you, it's there on all of them. The only difference is whether you've noticed it yet.

NO IT IS NOT!

I've looked at mine under slides of all colours and there is no green (apart from on the green slide :D )

have you tried the various viewing modes ? mine was evident mainly on true cinema ?

nothing will shift the virtical line where the right hand vesa mount is :(

GoNz0 said:
have you tried the various viewing modes ? mine was evident mainly on true cinema ?

nothing will shift the virtical line where the right hand vesa mount is :(

Yep, tried every combination possible of modes and advance processing. Nothing.

Not to say it won't appear one day but at the moment it's all good.

What's this line you've got then? A green line??

allazey_uk said:
NO IT IS NOT!

I've looked at mine under slides of all colours and there is no green (apart from on the green slide :D )

You just haven't noticed it yet :)

I too have no existence of green.
The only thing similar for me, is the scrolling bar looks a tad purple on the left hand side, and there are a few vertical lines that look like weak IR but never fade. Never noticed either in 'real' viewing so doesn't bother me.
But no green!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom