Panasonic ST 30 Image retention advice

seanydurbs

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi , i have had my ST30 for only a couple of months but i have noticed image retention/ghosting on the bottom of the screen. It looks like it is a result of myself watching Sky Sports News as it has banners and bars everywhere. I have tried the scrolling bar function several times overnight in the hope that the image will be wiped but i can still see it. Im a bit gutted with this as i had contrast low and the pixel orbiter function was always on. Does anyone have any ideas/info on a plan of action?
Thanks

The best thing is to just use it normally for a few weeks and it should eventually go. Try and stick away from any news progs. like Sky sports and sky news for now.

If you are going to leave these type of chnls on for long periods of time it will no doubt come back. good luck :)

Thanks for your reply. I hope it does eventually fade , i may watch sky sports news still, but i will zoom in the picture to eliminate the banners etc. If the ir does fade in the future will it be ok to watch this channel as normal or will i always have the risk of this happening even with the tv "settled in ".
Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. I hope it does eventually fade , i may watch sky sports news still, but i will zoom in the picture to eliminate the banners etc. If the ir does fade in the future will it be ok to watch this channel as normal or will i always have the risk of this happening even with the tv "settled in ".
Thanks.

Just curious.. is it on the entire bottom of the screen, or primarily in the center?

It is a ghostly faint image that runs all along the bottom but is more pronounced at either end ( on sky sports news there are larger icons/banners in these areas ). Sometimes it is not too visible but if i am watching football i can see these images showing up on the grass of the pitch.

Hi, I am using cinema mode with all processing turned off and I have used a calibration disc to set brightness etc.

Hi, I am using cinema mode with all processing turned off and I have used a calibration disc to set brightness etc.

Is contrast over half way? brightness isnt much of an issue its the contrast that does it, also whats sharpness set at? Also when is the IR noticeable? in normal lighting whilst watching TV or in a dark room with a dark or black image?

Contrast is just over half way , sharpness set to almost zero. I believe i notice it just as much in the daytime as the evening.

Drop contrast 2 clicks for now if watching any programs with static logos/ banners etc. A git I know but will help. One thing you can try is slides over night with contrast on full, this helps if you do it a few nights.
Ill see if I can find you a link to them, you just run them as a sideshow off a USB stick. Keep ut up with the scrolling bar. Iv had some bad IR with the BBC news logo that took forever to go but it did, its annoying as this is something BBC and,sky are more than aware of.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom