Panasonic: SP or FR

M

Mar©

When I have a film of 1 hour and 30 minutes, which choise is the best: SP recording or FR recording ? ( on a DVD-R)

I presume FR ?
Is it so that the recorder calculates the best possible recording for the available space ? So i assume that the quality will be slightly better than SP.

Am I correct?

Using FR90 will give a substantially better picture quality than SP as the bitrate is almost 2MBit/S higher.

Thanks, Rasczak ! :thumbsup:

I usually record on the harddisk in XP, because I intendendto record in SP on a DVD-R.

So, when I have LESS THAN 2 hours film, it is ALWAYS BETTER to choose FR than SP ?

Maybe its best to record ALWAYS in FR ??? ( sorry for shouting al little bit ;) )

Suppose I have two hours film, FR will then choose a bitrate that is equal to the SP bitrate ?

Correct me if i'm wrong. :lesson:

Mar©, if you know the length of the programme before then you should use the quality setting closest to it, i.e if it's 2 hours then use SP, if it's 1 hour 45mins use FR. You can then high speed dub to DVD-R without any loss of quality - if you record onto the HDD and then dub to DVD-R in SP then you are getting a second generation copy.

This is really something your going have to 'play' with to findout what works best for you! There is a guide to using Flexible Record effectively here - applies largely for PC users but does have a few tips you can apply on your machine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom