Panasonic Sound Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by StuBFrost, Dec 24, 2004.

1. StuBFrost

StuBFrost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I have (at least until Richer Sounds is back open on Monday) a Panasonic E65 that I am having a problem with.

The Panasonic is connected to my Dolby Digital amp with an optical cable that has been tested on other equipment and works fine. On the Panasonic however, the sound keeps dropping out. I have tried changing from Bitstream to PCM and vice versa but the problem still remains. I either get a couple of seconds dropout or a stuttering.

Has anybody else had this problem or is it just a faulty machine ?

Thanks

Stuart

2. Highgord

Highgord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Don't know if the machine is faulty but it does lead me to question a couple of things to confirm if the machine is at fault. Are you sure the dolby digital amp is set to recieve digital inputs, is it on auto? if so change it to digital. DO you have any analogue inputs connected to the same source. If so could it be that the amp is picking a small signal up and switching to the analogue input rather than digital and flicking back?

Good Luck

3. StuBFrost

StuBFrost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    The Panasonic is a straight swap for an existing DVD player which has been using the same amp setup and optical cable for ages so I am certain it must be something on the Panasonic.

Stuart