Question Panasonic Sound bar Problem

doopeydoo123

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I'm hoping someone can help with an odd problem that i have recently been experiencing with my sound bar, (Panasonic SC HTB680 connected via HDMI to Panasonic TC-P50 UT50)..
I bought & connected it up about 18 months ago using HDMI/ARC, & the sound bar would normally power up & produce sound after switching on TV..However only in the last few weeks it now 'auto' powers up when switching on TV but no sound, I now find that i have to switch off TV & back on again & only then the sound comes through..So in short no sound from soundbar from 'cold switch on of TV'
I have checked the settings for Viera link etc & all set to 'on'...Is possible that one or more of the HDMI cable have gone flaky ?...Just wanted to ask before i shell out for another set of cables as it's the only thing i can think of at this time that may be causing this...

Any advice would be appreciated...

Many thanks...

D

Its normal unfortunately to come across these stupid HDMI CEC issues. My advice would be to unplug everything. Turn the CEC setting off on both devices at the plug, wait 5 mins. Turn back on, plug cable into soundbar first, TV second. Then turn on CEC first on the soundbar and second on the TV.

I had this a while back with my receiver and this fixed it. Oddly I used a different cable because the first didn't work. Got it working and then went back to the original cable and it worked again...makes no sense :facepalm:

As a last resort you could try a factory reset on the TV and soundbar.

Many thanks Dodgexander, will give that a try, it's just one of those things i guess...
Means messing up all my 'tidy' installation but hey ho...
I have new cables on standby now anyway but will work with your suggested sequence of operations & go from there...

OK...i have now replaced HDMI cables & at first all seemed ok for a day or so, but sadly the problem returned, I set the 'viera link' to off on both devices prior to cable swap...
Oddly enough i now have an additional niggle in that the V6 box when 'woken' i get lots of small flashing white dots when screen goes dark & picture jumps, but again switching off TV & back on again it clears, i'm starting to think the board is on its way out because it's now quite an old TV, bought when plasma had a brief rebirth, & if it were a HDMI cable issue it would do this all the time ?
I have not done a factory reset of soundbar or TV as yet though..
Again any thoughts appreciated

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom