1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic software upgrade question

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by hartside2, Dec 27, 2003.

1. hartside2

hartside2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the chance of replacing my old Pace digibox with a second hand Panasonic TU-DSB31. The seller says the software version is EPG SOFTWARE v2.80. I think the current is v3.15 to run the new Sky viewing cards. Does anyone know if the sofware is easily upgradable, or would I be wasting my money?

2. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Ver 3.1a.5 is the latest epg software and u can easily upgrade it by following a few simple steps like unplugging box, hold backup and wait for about 20secs then it says "Upgrading software etc please wait" How much does the person want and have u checked prices on ebay? Pace is no bad make either. The pana ts 31 is very very good. I know I have a few of them

Say more if u are still confused.

gbmitie

3. hartside2

hartside2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, that seems fairly straightforward! The guy wanted £50 for it. I had a look on e-bay just before and noticed someone is doing a "buy it now" for £38 plus postage. Funny, but this bloke is quoting software as the earlier version also, but if its as easy as you say it seems worth a shot at this price. What do you think?

4. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    these are very good prices but be wary u may have no remote with them or scart lead or tv lead. £60 - 70 is the usual and u get the remote and scart and tv lead and sometimes even the tel lead.

There is an exact process for getting a software upgrade done so if u don't know it and get one of these boxes post back and I will dig it out. Keep the pace as a spare as I have one and it still does the business. Also if u ever get sky + u will have a quad lnb and can have 3 boxes connected so can have 3 different channels on your tv, goosd when analogue closes.

gb--

5. hartside2

hartside2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info
    The £38 included the remote and the power lead. I've got my own decent gold plated scart lead so I'm not so bothered it doesn't come with one

I've taken the plunge and bought it at this price, so I'd really appreciate it if you can dig out how to upgrade the software

thanks again

6. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    here it is

NB make sure u are viewing thru scart

Switch off the receiver at the mains wall socket. Press and hold the front panel "backup" button and switch the mains power back on. Continue to hold the button for 20 seconds or until the LEDs all light (depends on the make/model). As soon as this happens, you'll see a message on the screen (only if you have connected via the TV Scart). Leave the receiver for at least 10-15 minutes to download the software via satellite.

gb--

7. hartside2

hartside2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent - thanks!

Just one more question - should the viewing card be in the slot while doing this?

8. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    good point, leave the card out but if it is a subscription card u will have to ring sky to get card married to new box.

gb--

ps thats a very good price