Panasonic software update problem - pls help!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by hartside2, Jan 5, 2004.

1. hartside2

hartside2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a Panasonic TU-DSB31 digibox off e-bay and it arrived this morning (see my other post on http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109312 ). Seller said the software revision was on 2.8b, but if the system could be upgraded to 3.15 then it was a cheap digibox.

I connected it up tonight and went through the routine for updating the software. The message appeared on the screen that the software was being updated. However after restarting the box the software revision number is unchanged and stays at rev 2.8b! I've done this a further twice with the same result

Maybe I'm being suspicious, but could it be that it has been disabled from recieving a software update? I've attached a photo of what looks to me like a "cut" jumper.

Anyone help out by confiming this or has anyone some other suggestions to make the box upgrade its software?

Attached Files:

2. sapo

sapo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know about a jumper. This problem seems to pop-up very often. Panasonic charge about £60 to fix it.

I wonder if you have discovered something.

3. hartside2

hartside2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else help?