Panasonic smart tv 43' sound no picture

Cas03

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi
Panasonic TV issue model TX43GX550B
I have sound no picture. Issues started about a week ago
I Have tried hard reset which worked twice before .
But now it doesn't respond to this.
Unplugged at wall for 60 secs press power button for 30 secs
Batteries out controller.
Nothing works this time?
Any help would be great
Thanks

G= 2019 model year so quite new?

Unplug from mains for longer period (a good 10 minutes, say) and try once more, but its sounds like it's a backlight failure.

What retailer did you buy from, and when? It may have a warranty, still? Contact their customer services with your receipt to hand.

It may be repairable if no warranty? But you'd need to find a repairer.

Unplug from mains for longer period (a good 10 minutes, say) and try once more, but its sounds like it's a backlight failure.

What retailer did you buy from, and when? It may have a warranty, still? Contact their customer services with your receipt to hand.

Thanks ill give it another go. Already spoke with Panasonic UK live chat they say repairer in Glasgow?? Not v convenient as I'm in Aberdeen.
Its was from my local currys store.

Back-light connectors need reflowing.

Its was from my local currys store.
John Lewis or Richer would have provided 5 years.

Currys, sadly are same as the manufacturer's 12 months...

However check out Consumer rights - mygov.scot to see if you might have a claim against Currys as the retailer - but it'll need an expert repairer report?

Or if brave enough Google and see if you can fix it yourself? Google tells me it's a Vestel-made/assembled-in-Turkey TV set, too.

The issue is not uncommon, sadly Panasonic TX-43GX555B Black Screen Intermittent fault

Called currys pc World. Explained fault long story short they charge you £95 just to look at it (out Of warranty JUST) not helpful at all so basically the cost of it all would be same price as a new TV.
Waste of time

Can you send audio to external source via optical or over HDMI?

Can you send audio to external source via optical or over HDMI?
How will that help with the "no picture" symptom?
Called currys pc World. Explained fault long story short they charge you £95 just to look at it (out Of warranty JUST) not helpful at all so basically the cost of it all would be same price as a new TV.
Waste of time
:lesson: don't ever buy such items from Currys/PC World. JL/Richer next time?

However the set is/was a cheap Vestel with a fancy brand name badge. ANY decent local TV repair shop might be able to fix it - so ring round a few for estimates? If Rudzki's post #4 is correct it is a simple enough repair ("reflow" is a soldering type term) on the screen's backlight system.

How will that help with the "no picture" symptom?

:lesson: don't ever buy such items from Currys/PC World. JL/Richer next time?

However the set is/was a cheap Vestel with a fancy brand name badge. ANY decent local TV repair shop might be able to fix it - so ring round a few for estimates? If Rudzki's post #4 is correct it is a simple enough repair ("reflow" is a soldering type term) on the screen's backlight system.
Have tried local repairers but they are saying they can't or WONT fix this vestel tv???

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom