Panasonic shows off “MegaCon” and Transparent OLED prototypes

stevebk

Transparent Oled sounds fantastic, but will be bloody expansive.
It's a fantastic idea as these screen are getting bigger but who wants to look at a big black screen when not in use, where a transparent will help blend in to the home.

onewingedangel

I believe the Sony Dual layer LCD monitor uses a Panasonic panel, so if Panasonic can bring this to a reasonable price it would be amazing. My LG Oled is a little over a year old and has burn in in a few spots despite me being careful to avoid static images, so don't think I'll go for Oled again, so the more alternatives the better.

Gazgum

Great!Rear panel on Panasonics is not the prettiest;now you’ll be seeing it from the front!

dante01

Distinguished Member
Does the codename "MegaCon" denote that these TVs are more of a con than the ones that preceded them? Are these a forerunner to the rumoured SuperSwindle models?

Last edited:

Gazgum

Are these a forerunnong to the rumoured SuperSwindle models?
:D Yes,you’d think they would come up with something a little less obvious:Now ‘Forerunnong’;I bet that hasn’t been used before! (Also sounds a bit Japanese-or is it just me?)

They certainly might have a rethink if they read feedback like this thread!

JuliusCaeser

I believe the Sony Dual layer LCD monitor uses a Panasonic panel, so if Panasonic can bring this to a reasonable price it would be amazing. My LG Oled is a little over a year old and has burn in in a few spots despite me being careful to avoid static images, so don't think I'll go for Oled again, so the more alternatives the better.
Which Lg model do you own if you don't mind me asking?

Trending threads

Latest news

Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Huawei launches Google-less Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro phones