1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Setup Help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by boycie, Dec 17, 2004.

1. boycie

boycie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need a bit of advice on the setup of my IDTV, DVD Recorder, 5.1 AMP/DVD and Sky Digital.
    This is my current setup (TX32DTX10C-AV1) to (E55-AV OUT), (E55-AV IN) to (Sky - TV Scart) all set to RGB.
    5.1AMP/DVD goes to (TV-AV2).

This my problem......when i want to record Freeview i have to switch my Digibox off, if i don't switch it off the E55 records Sky not Freeview. Is there a way i can connect all this and still have RGB and be able to have Sky switched on when recording Freeview ?

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
    Before doing anything else make sure the E55 AV2 is set to Normal and NOT Decoder as this results in strange things occuring. :)

If the scart setup is E55 AV1 to Television AV1, you should be able to record Freeview from the TV by selecting AV1 as the source on the E55. This should work whether the Sky digibox is ON or OFF.

The usual way of viewing Sky when the E55 is tied up recording other things is to connect the Sky digibox 'VCR' output to a spare AV input of the TV.
    As the TV AV2 is probably set to S-Video (which Sky can't supply) can the digibox be connected to AV3?

3. GASJKH2

GASJKH2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help Please!

I have setup the E55 and can record from terrestial channels fine. BUT
    I am unable to record from new Panasonic TV with built in Freeview - what am I doing wrong? The picture quality on Freeview is much better, hence why I would like to use recordings from Freeview channels.

Any help/advice would be appreciated? I am a new beginner/novice so help, help, help!!! :lease:

4. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    My recommendation would be to buy a standalone freeview box and use that for recording. You can use RGB for best quality going in to AV2 of the E55. This setup lets you record from freeview on the E55 whilst watching freeview on your TV or with the TV off.

5. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
    I agree with bobcar, by far the best way is to have a separate Freeview box.
    Much more versatile and better quality RGB recordings.

Have you connected the E55 AV1 scart to the television external 1 scart.
    In which case to record Freeview from the TV you just press the Input Select button on the E55 remote until you get AV1 selected.