1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Service... Un-blummin-believable

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by elmbeck, Dec 20, 2002.

1. elmbeck

elmbeck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Has anyone else had trouble with Panasonic "Replacement" Warranty/Service?

Here's my horror story....

1. Bought a 42 PWD4 3 months ago.

2. Reported buzzing noise straight away - told that they could take my screen to be checked, but they had no replacement. I said I'd wait.

3. Two months and several phone calls (always FROM me) later... a man arrived with a CRT TV to replace my Plasma...... after a bit of a strop from me, he found an ancient plasma in the back of his truck.

4. When I tried to connect the "from the Arc" plasma, I couuldn't because they had taken my remote but not left another (needed to access the Setup menu)?

5. Another irate phone call and they posted me a remote.

6. a CRT remote arrived that enabled some, but not the important Setup functionality. (I gave up and managed to use S-Video connection)

7. Couple of weeks later, I called them.... "What Plasma? The one we left was a replacement - that is now yours." - I think not (etc.)

8. A few calls later, that was sorted. Then "What remote? there's no remote with the Plasma?"

9. Few calls - they're posting me a new remote.

10. Yesterday they delivered MY plasma back (along with two tonnes of dirt that they guy trapsed through my house)..... withouth the power chord they took away (the replacements power chord was fixed).

So I'm now waiting for the power cable and remote so I can watch my £3,500 tv..... and to top it all, their response about the buzzing was "within Panasonics tolerence values"...... i.e. no change.

Geesh.... I feel better now I've got that off my chest.

2. mikeall

mikeall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats it, let it all out!!

i bet you were well ****ed of with them, i would!

i just hope that my stays working ok!!

i have the same buzzing noise but it never seems to worry me, only when i am about a foot away from the screen can i hear it i do have 6 speakers in the room so the quality of the sound hides the buzzing

cheers

mike