1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic service times

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pmc, Sep 13, 2005.

1. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    The one year warranty on my AE700 is coming to an end soon. I have long had problems with fan noise and also recently switched to HDMI so want to make sure I get the latest firmware while it's still under warranty. Problem is, I can't bear to be without my PJ for any length of time :eek:

Does anyone have recent experiance of how quickly Panasonic are turning round PJ repairs? In various threads it seems to vary from a week to a month. Anyone done it recently?

2. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Had mine turned round in 5 days, does usually take a couple of weeks though.

3. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    5 days would be good. Maybe I should just go on holiday for a couple of weeks.

4. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thats exactly what I did. Well I was going on holiday anyway and decided it would be a good time to send it in. Got a mate to pick it up for me while I was away.

5. pierrev

pierrev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    from my experience - I would say it depends on whether they need to order spares or not - they had my AE500 for several weeks last year (I think they replaced the LCD panels under warranty) - to cure excessive FPN - fortunately they had loaned me an AE100 as a stop gap - now I am having it repaired locally (dodgy mains socket in PJ - bad design if you put it away each time its used, quite a common fault if you read these forums) - they are ordering a new socket from Panasonic and expected delivery to Panasonic is 2 weeks - for what I would have thought was a stock replacement - I guess PJ's are still not big enough sellers in this country to warrant keeping large stocks of spares.