1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic service menu

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mdrandall, Jan 7, 2003.

1. mdrandall

mdrandall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic TX-w32D2DP and suffer from the "blue" line at the top of the screen whilst watching NTSC DVDs played in my Toshiba 220eb. This problem has been reported several times in previous threads so I attempted to access the service menu:

Bass to max
    Treble to min
    Press "Reveal" and "-V" together

As promised I can access the service menu and by shifting the vertical position up by 1 or 2 points the blue line disappears - lovely!

If I press STR and leave the service menu by pressing N, all is well. However, if I switch to any other AV source or TV channel and then return to AV1 (or switch TV off then on), the new setting has been forgotten. I have tried a couple of other service menu features and the same applies.

I thought that any service menu setting change would be permanent. Any ideas please..................

Thanks

2. Napoleon

Napoleon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The panasonic will store the settings using the method you describe.However,there are different settings for NTSC/PAL;when you switch to another source it will show you the PAL settings,which will be different.If you have stored the NTSC settings,and then played the disc again(NTSC) with the same problem,then i have missed the point.Pressing STR,and then N should store changes permanently.

PS:press STR when you make the adjustment,don't alter the setting,move to another,and then press STR.You can check to see if it is stored by moving to another setting using the red/green buttons,and then go back again.

3. mdrandall

mdrandall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I downloaded a copy of the service manual and you're right - there are different settings for NTSC/PAL etc. I tried again last night and it seems to have worked now i.e. no more blue line after shifting V-Pos up a couple of points.

I'm still not sure why it didn't store the settings before but as it's now working I'm not going to touch it again (if it ain't broke etc....)

Thanks again.

4. Autotec

Autotec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Where did you download the manual from I am looking for one for the 32PL1

5. hutchingsp

hutchingsp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to know too - seems the service menu for the TX28PL1 is pretty much identical - I can see the effect of the options but it would be nice to know what they really do...

Paul

6. Napoleon

Napoleon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Manuals for panasonic televisions are Here

The manual will not discuss the service menu;for info on that you need to search google.com.I would not recommend playing around with it;if you must write down the values first,and don't go to extremes for the sake of it.

7. mdrandall

mdrandall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure if this works for all models but go and download the USER manual from http://www.panasonic.co.uk/downloadcentre

When the download is complete you should have a pdf file in your browser.

Now change the last part of the URL

e.g. for my TX-W32D2DP the last part of the USER manual URL is
    /bw32d2dp.pdf

to get the service manual I replace the first 2 characters with 'a' and refresh the browser

i.e. /a32d2dp.pdf

There might be other combinations which work for your model - good luck

8. Autotec

Autotec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It works for your model o.k but not for mine, probably because there are two pdf's. How did you get yours to work, would be nice if i could view the support ftp site.

9. DownToTheBone

DownToTheBone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Nice tip md ... worked for me with my old 28pk10 ... thx

10. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems to work for most of the slightly older models but not for the newer models. I've tried quite a few combinations for the newer models all without success. I think they must still be there because the folder setup is exactly the same. I would just love the login details to the ftp at the same address:)