1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Service Menu Query

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Jimbo444444, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Jimbo444444

Jimbo444444

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, my TV is Panny TX-32PL4.
    I can get into the service menu and get to the screen that shows the 'high' & 'low' colour values but I can't seem to navigate within this screen (I cant get into the value's to change them). Can anyone enlighten me?

I watched the engineer do it when he came before the warranty ran out so I know it's possible;)

Another thing is that the colour values I noted down when the engineer came round have changed. No-one else has been in the service menu since then so is it possible for these values to "drift" over time?

While I'm here can I also ask if anyone knows whether the service menu values are restored to thier initial settings when the TV is 'rebooted' to it's factory settings?

Any help will much appreciated.

Jimbo:suicide:

2. petebog

petebog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On my Panasonic you press the tv/av button to change the high and lows. Make sure you press store before leaving menu and write down original values. I don't know why the values have changed when going back into the service menu.

3. Jimbo444444

Jimbo444444

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks petebog. I will try it out on my tv tonight.

Jimbo

4. Jimbo444444

Jimbo444444

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The AV/TV button didn't work on my tv. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jimbo

5. chopper dave

chopper dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi jimbo

Dont know if this will work but on my Panny once service menu access is gained the red/green button allow you to schroll through the menu options and the yellow/blue button alow you to increase decrease the settings. STR to store the setting. You also have to store each setting as you change it orelse to setting defaults to the previously stored setting.

Hope it helps

CHOPPER DAVE

6. Jimbo444444

Jimbo444444

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks chopper dave,
    I can navigate within the service menu with the coloured buttons etc but the problem I have is that, once I get to the screen for amending the "high" & "low" colour values, whatever I try I can't move across to the actual number values to change them (when the engineer did it a line appeared under the values that he was changing).

Jimbo:confused:

7. chopper dave

chopper dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jimbo

My panny was a rear projection and i needed to press the aspect ration button to access the convergence data to allow me to set it manually. Could try that if you have a similar button

CD

8. Jimbo444444

Jimbo444444

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Chopper Dave, no joy with the aspect ratio button either.
    I rang Panasonic last week but they wouldn't tell me :thumbsdow and I have searched these forums without finding the answer.

Any more suggestions please from anyone?

Ta
    Jimbo

9. Jimbo444444

Jimbo444444

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump

Anyone help?

Ta
    Jimbo