Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic Service Engineers - TX28PL1

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by themmings, Jan 31, 2003.

Tags:
  1. themmings

themmings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just got myself the Panny TX28PL1 set delivered, and yep the geometery is a little whack on the bottom left hand side of the screen.

Not noticeable on all screen shots, but it is on others. I don't want another set as the next one could be even worse, so I was wondering how much can be done in the service menu by a Panny engineer? I'd probably say the last 1/3 of the screen bows down probably about 5mm - although I've not measured it.

Another thing is when the sky info bars come up they are all wobbly on the vertical edges both sides - is this normal?

I got the set from John Lewis - but I don't wan't one of their bods to come out - I want a panny engineer.

Any feedback folks...

Tim:)

2. themmings

themmings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Come on, we've got some knowledgeable people in this group.

Anyfeedback?

:rolleyes:

3. deckard

deckard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I've got a TX32PL1 and might be able to help with your Sky problem.

I got an Avia test DVD a few months ago. The disc tells you that most TV power supplies struggle to maintain linearity if you are using too high a contrast level - there is a test which showed it up nicely on my set.

Have a go at reducing contrast, mine is now set at around 25-30% on the bar level. Since then the edges of menus have not demonstrated the problem you're describing and the picture looks more natural to boot.

Give this a bash and see if it helps.

I've also been into the service menu to tinker about with the geometry a little although I'm afraid I can't remember of the top of my head how to do it - have a search on the forum, I found it quite readily, but don't forget to write down the original values before you go adjusting anything.

Cheers

4. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    this worked on my tx32pb50

funny thing is I have the same geometry problem as you ,bottom left edge runnign inwards for about 1/3 of the width on the screen

I couldn't find any adjustment that helped in this regard

currently waiting for my 2nd replacement

1. Turn bass up to full.
    2. Turn treble down to zero.
    3. Press and hold the channel down (on TV) and then press the TText 'reveal' (index) button.

Hey presto!

The red and green fasttext buttons go back and fourth through the options, and the yellow and blue alter the settings up and down.

The 'STR' button stores each individual parameter and the 'N' button exits the service menu.
    These tips should apply to most of the current Panasonic Tvs.

5. themmings

themmings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Deckard: - good heads up - it works only thing is its a little to dark for my likings so I'll probably live with it as it's no real big issue as you can only notice it when the sky info boxes come up.

Mansell: - I'm gonna give it a go :)

Thanks

Timbo