1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Service Centre Advice

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by HeadStAtE!, Jun 16, 2003.

1. HeadStAtE!

HeadStAtE!
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello this is my first post, and I have searched the forum first but would like some direct advice please.

I bought a new Panasonic PT-AE100E from RGB (http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk) as they were selling it for under £800 whereas Empire are still asking £947.23.

I immediately noticed at least 3 green dead pixels, unfortunately RGB expect the customer to pay the return postage so I called the Panasonic service department number 0870 90 70 909 which is infact a company in Leeds that works on Panasonics behalf.

The guys at the service centre seem polite and professional and picked up the projector the same day via a Citylink courier and kept it for a week before returning it. The projector has now been back a second time as they didn't replace the optical unit on the first occasion.

My problem is the projector has now come back with a replacement optical unit but this had at least 2 green pixels in the middle of the screen to the right.

What should I do and what is the best way to ensure if I send it back it comes back without dead pixels?

Is it common to have this problem when returning the projector back for repair?