Panasonic SD90 Camcorder - compatible memory cards

EmFull74

Standard Member
Reaction score
I was given a Panasonic HDC SD90 Camcorder for Christmas and a Transcend SDXC 64GB memory card to use with it.

Unfortunately when I put this memory card into the camcorder I get a message on screen saying 'check card' and then a red symbol of a memory card with a diagonal line through it.

The camcorder manual has a table showing that an SDXC 64GB memory card can be used with this camcorder for both motion and still picture recording.

I have installed the Panasonic software that came with the camcorder and this gave me a link to dowload some software to format the memory card. I have down this but the card will still not work in the camcorder.

The camcorder works with a Panasonic SDHC 4GB memory card. I can also copy photos to the Transcend SDXC 64GB memory card, using my laptop.

Does anyone know if the Transcend SDXC 64GB memory card actually is compatible with this camcorder? Or can I only use Panasonic memory cards with a Panasonic camcorder?

Thanks

Download the Manual (in .PDF) from Panasonic website . . . it's possible it won't accept SDXC as the SD90 isn't ultramodern it may only accept SD/SDHC . . . . I guess you were lucky to get a 64G - very pricey from a Retail shop.... still charging silly prices.
16G SDHC are about the best price/G at present... on line.

If you can copy files, then the 64G is working OK.

I just tried an Integral 128GB SDXC (Class 10 - U3 - A1) in my SD90 and surprisingly it just worked. I was able to format it. I also tried another Toshiba 32GB SDHC card which worked too. Both of these 32GB and 128GB cards were Micro so i used an adapter which does not really matter for compatibility in my opinion.

Following is a screenshot of the manual.
Screenshot_20210503_141731_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hi, As another poster says, I'm surprised SDXC is acceptable for this camcorder which is quite old - but always a good'un. - - - I barely recall it was SD-only [ 720 ], .... your downloaded Manual will tell. Fortunately it is not a "Tape-based" m.c - so should have a good life if treated well.
However, it will be good as an introduction to film-making . . .

Good luck

I've got one in the loft and ended up using it as a monitor cam the other day. It's HD and pretty good quality, better then 4k phone camera.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom