Panasonic SD600 Battery

DolbyDan

very good deal if real

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
It's imported from Hong Kong. If you are unlucky you may get stung by UK customs

rogs

Not likely to be genuine, although it is probably of the latest type that include the 'time left display' chip.
Other batteries from that seller that are 'genuine' have that word in the product description, so it seem doubtful.

If it is a clone, then the only criticism I've seen of the latest ones seems to be about their capacity. Nowhere near the published value, from what I've read.

Then there are the the warnings from Panasonic themselves, about the safety aspect of unknown quality controls: Recommendation for Use of Genuine Panasonic Battery Pack | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global
Could just be marketing 'hype', but Li-ion batteries can fail quite spectacularly if they aren't of top quality construction?

Seeing just how expensive the originals are, it's probably worth taking a chance (and hope UK customs don't sting you!)

den169

Iv'e bought two of the clone type batterys from different Hong Kong sellers no customs problems one was £35 the other £20,Both give great performance.Panasonic are rip off merchants with there batterys.I'm gonna email him and see what he says.

Vinesh

Den169

I have already sent an email asking if this battery is a original or not.

den169

Got this reply still not sure so i emailed him again and asked if its made by Panasonic.
Hi,my friend
Thank you for your email and supporting.This is OEM products.
Many thanks and regards

DolbyDan

Does that mean they're real?

Vinesh

I got this repy -

Hi,my friend
Thank you for your email and attention.This is OEM products.we always claim our products as gift,and the value of is $10.if you have any other issue,please feel free to contact.
Many thanks and regards

- kuval-zone

den169

I got this reply today,
Hi,dennis
the device is not made by the panasonic headquarters company directly, but made by a Chinese factory which is authorized by the
Panasonic company.
To be honest, you could purchase this battery at this price in your country.
many thanks.

So i think its a copy myself.

Vinesh

Just a bit worried that the copy from Hong Kong might not be compatible with the Panasonic charger.

den169

Vinesh wrote
Den169 -

Are going to buy this ?
I already have 2 of the VW-VBG260 Batterys bought off Ebay both work perfectly,So i would only buy it if it was a genuine Panasonic one, if its a copy its normal price,If its a Genuine its dirt cheap.Both the ones i bought are exactly the same as an original,Ie work with normal charger show battery left etc.

Last edited:

Vinesh

I already have 2 of the VW-VBG260 Batterys bought off Ebay both work perfectly,So i would only buy it if it was a genuine Panasonic one, if its a copy its normal price,If its a Genuine its dirt cheap.Both the ones i bought are exactly the same as an original,Ie work with normal charger show battery left etc.
Have you got a link for the ebay ones?

Thanks

DolbyDan

DolbyDan

Had the battery a week now works perfectly.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

Denon, Marantz and Yamaha AV receivers hit by HDMI 2.1 bug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published