• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic sd60 problem copying footage to computer and playback problems! Please help

LOVEBASEBALL62

Standard Member
I've recently purchased Panasonic HDC-SD60...nice camcorder but having problems!....I recently recorded my daughter's birthday party and wanted to edit it...so I connected the USB cable to it and to my computer and followed the prompts to "copy to PC"...It copied, but the playback is poor - it "stutters", "lags", etc...almost plays in slow motion...I've tried playing it with most recent Media Player Classic, also tried VLC, but same problem - the video looks as though it's in "slow motion"....sometimes doesn't playback at all!....PLEASE HELP?...So frustrated!!...thanks:mad:

12harry

Distinguished Member
If you have the Original (on SD?), you should be able to import it using a Card-Reader. Those USB links are problematic, IMHO. If you don't have a Reader, get one that deals ONLY with SD/SDHC as this will show as a single "Ext.Drive" - thus reducing confusion. (Multi-readers put up every letter and thus it's more confusing. IMHO).

From what you say it's a decent spec, but I wonder if you have "shared Video" RAM - this is considered "Not Good" as the Processor and Video are fighting over resources. This arrangement is common on the budget-end of the Market. However, I the Cure may be to Import direct from the Card. I don't know why Manufacturers insist on USB links, as it means running the battery down.

Could you go into "Properties" and tell us how your PC stacks up?
Another issue can be an external drive...USB1 was too slow for Video, so your finished film needs to be Rendered to the HDD inside the PC (to check this point). VLC can also have issues, although I sometimes use it, mainly for Audio on an elderly PC. My new PC is 4G RAM, dual-core 2.8GHz and 500M of dedicated Video RAM this renders HiDef 1920x108050i = and plays etc. The PC is within the Spec for Sony Vegas Version 10 HD.
Can you confirm what "Def" your Pana is, as well?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom