1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SD Audio Players

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by IronMonkey, Oct 19, 2003.

1. IronMonkey

IronMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

I'm looking at buying an SD audio player to replace my dead MiniDisc player.

I've been looking at 3 different Panasonic models.

- SV-SD51
    - SV-SD85
    - SV-SR100

Now all the information I have to go on is in the latest catalog, which I got from work.

I am swaying towards the SV-SD51, but I need some advice. Has anyone had any experience with SD audio players? A friend of mine said his friend's portable MP3 player did not reach a very high volume level and was bearly audible, and that that was true for most portable MP3 players.

If any of you have heard the SV-SD51 (or either of the other models), what did you think of the sound quality? I can get the SV-SD51 from work for trade price, so it's not a big deal. I was just wondering what the quality of them is like - the build quality, sound quality, etc.

The reason I'm asking is that I can't really get one ordered if I'm not definitely going to be buying it, because my boss wouldn't be very happy as the shop would then have to sell it on.

Any views on any of the products I mentioned?

2. IronMonkey

IronMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody?

3. IronMonkey

IronMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone at all?!

4. Frankie_D

Frankie_D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My advice would be to get a tech magazine (Stuff and T3 are good) and find out which is the best mp3 player on the market.