Panasonic screen ans Samsung Bluray

clcollins

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m a complete simpleton when it come AV equipment, their connections and setting up. I have a Panasonic TH42-PX60B and a Samsung P1500 Bluray player, no matter what I try I can not get them to work together. I used to have a Virgin V+ connected to the screen via a HDMI cable, I can remember the installer messing with the screen and wonder if that has something to do with it? Can someone out there help?

Thanks in advance for your help, Chris

It should simply be a case of connecting the two via HDMI cable, then selecting the HDMI input to view it. Can you be a bit more specific regarding the problem you are having?

Hi davepuma thanks for your reply……. Yes I expected it to be a simple case of connecting the two together, which is what I have done, but I'm getting no picture on the screen, the player seems to be doing it's thing, the display indicates that it is playing, I'm stumped
I am using the cable that came with a Virgin V+ box, could that be the problem? When I first got the player a movie would play for (say) 45mins, and then the picture would drop out, the display on the player would indicate that the movie was still playing, and after (say) 5 to 10 seconds the picture would come back on 5 to 10 seconds further into the film
My thoughts are: (1) Wrong cable, (2) Duff player

Last edited by a moderator:
Try another cable. See the FAQ in the cables forum for recommended hdmi cable suppliers. My pick is this one from tmfsolutions. Give John or Joe a phone and they'll sort you out with one 1st class post.

Hi Dave, thought I’d let you know what’s happening with the problem we’ve been discussing. I bought a new HDMI cable but it didn’t help matters. I called Samsung and ran through a few things with them and, the outcome is that the player is not working and I have to take it to be repaired, thankfully the warrantee covers parts and labour.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom