1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SCHT520 versus Sony DAVS B100

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by gemma, Nov 10, 2004.

1. gemma

gemma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm gonna buy my boyf a home cinema system for xmas but this kinda thing is more his domain than mine.

Can anyone give me an opinion on the Sony DAVS B100? That and the slightly more expensive Panasonic SCHT520 are the ones that look good so far; loads of good reviews on the panny but can't find much out about the sony!

Or if I've overlooked any (around the £150 to £200 price) feel free 2 shout!

Cheers,
    Gem. :thumbsup:

2. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You won't get much else for sub £200.
    Differences worth bearing in mind are :-
    1 - The Panasonic will play DVD-RAM.
    2 - I believe that the Sony will process any 2-channel source into 5.1 by using Dolby ProLogic 2, whereas I believe that the Panasonic will only do this via disc based material (i.e. audio CD's), but don't just take my word for it.

3. gz5ztg

gz5ztg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Funnily enough I was looking at the 520 but also the Sony DAVSB200 as well, this is only 180 quid at unbeatable. Looks quite nice too, some fancy tall front speakers on it.

Can't really find much info on it though and it doesn't even appear on the Sony UK site.