1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SCHT37R

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Moschops, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Moschops

Moschops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've recently purchased a Panasonic SCHT37R system and a Panasonic
    TX-32DTX40 DVB TV.

Now I've set them up according to the instructions for the system. :rtfm: BUT I'm having a few problems!!! :clown:
    Anyone on here familier with the set up of this system? :smashin:

Right firstly, should I be able to record the Freeview channels on the DVDR?
    If so mine won't, I'm stuck as to why not. :blush:
    I can record the 5 terresterial channels with no problems.

Secondly, to set up a recordong I have to put the receiver into the DVD/VCR1 setting, I can't do it from the TV seeting, again is this correct?

I've set it up using the scart cables as suggested by a chap in a Panasonic shop, but I could not get any sound via the surround system, so I've also had to use the red/white/yellow cables as well so that sound would go through the surround speakers. But I'm not sure this is correct as I've been told that I should be able to get away with using just 2 scart leads which I have.

Scart leads setup is thus.

TV (AV2) scart lead out into reciever via AV1 (TV out)
    Reciever scart leads into (AV1 out) from TV as above
    and scart lead out to DVDR via (AV3 DVR/VCR1 in)
    DVDR scart lead in via (AV1 TV)

I've also connected the fibre optic cable as per the instructions.

I've also as explained above had to use the component leads again set via the instructions, but should I need to use these at all?

So any help would be much appreciated... :lease:

Many thanks in advance

Wayne

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Look at your TV manual one scart will always output what is on the FV tuner... send this to AV2 on E85 then send AV1 of E85 to AV1 on TV (this is for DVD replay etc) then connect optical output of E85 to AMP (notice i am not using amp for Video switching.....
    Try this set up then slot the Amp in between the AV1 of E85 and Av1 of TV.... do this so you can work out the recording side of things first.

3. Moschops

Moschops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But what about the Q Link setting? It states use AV2 on the TV for Q Link setup.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    AV2 (TV) to AV2(E85) for use of Q-link basically you use AV2 for recording and AV1 for replaying.

5. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. As AV2 on the TV is the Q-Link Scart you should use this to output DVB to AV2 on the E85 and then connect AV1 to AV1 for watching DVD's. The connecting of optical and phono audio output (AV4 I think) to HT07 amp will allow the sound transfer 0f all 2 channel and 5.1 channel sound to the amp via the DVD recorder.
    You won't need a component connection BTW as neither the TV or the amp support component.

6. Moschops

Moschops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So does that mean I'll need to keep unplugging the scart each time I want to play back or buy another scart and run from AV1 off the telly via the reciever into AV1 on the DVDR?

Thanks so far :smashin:

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    you need two scarts to connect it up like this, no unplugging required just a bit of thought......

8. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol, the horny beast beat me to it again.
    It's as he said, go AV2 to AV2 and use a second scart lead to go from AV1 to AV1. All you do then it change to AV1 on the TV when watching stuff play back from the DVD recorder. Don't forget to make sure that AV1 on the DVD recorder is set to RGB by the way or it defeats the point in using it :D

9. Moschops

Moschops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers fella's will give that a whirl.

Now one of the questions, was will I be able to record stuff live ITV2 and BBC3?

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    yes if you watch it via the recorder you can use live pause, you wont be able to watch ITV2 and record ITV3 tho but can watch 1-5 while recording FV or vice versa

11. Moschops

Moschops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay guys done as you stated, but still cannot record from BBC3. The DVDR does't seem to pick up any of the freeview channels...why? :eek:

Don't forget to make sure that AV1 on the DVD recorder is set to RGB by the way or it defeats the point in using it :D What should AV2 be set to?

Thanks in advance.... :smashin:

12. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was going to say that AV2 should be set to S-Video, but try connecting AV1 on the recorder directly to AV2 on the TV and try the recording again just in case AV2 on the recorder doesn't support Q-Link.

13. Moschops

Moschops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay Muffking, will try that in the morning...and report back :smashin:

14. Groundrush

Groundrush
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of also getting the same system....what are your thoughts so far?

15. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Loud, clear, it has a HDD and also supports DPL2 :) What more could you ask for without having it all rolled into one box, in which case it would be called an SC-HT1500 ;)

16. lodx

lodx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Saw this discussion and I too am thinking on buying the 37R,but have recently seen the SCHT1500,I am not up on this stuff,anyone know the difference between the 2.
    Lloyd

17. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HT1500 is all built into 1 single unit rather than having the amp seperate to the recorder.

18. GASJKH2

GASJKH2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ther 37R comes with separates so if you wish to upgrade in the future, you can, amp will still be compatible etc - 37R is a great system, but needs a bit of thought when setting up :thumbsup: