Panasonic scht 990

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by DANFLAN65, Aug 9, 2006.

1. DANFLAN65

DANFLAN65

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: This is A great step forward for panasonic.I had the 850 which at the time I thought aws great that is untill I purchased the 990.
    It as everything you'd want The sound is beautiful,Sharp,clear dialogue,big bass boom(1000watts) and truly amazing FL-FR-RL-RR speakers.It plays divx and jpeg,savcd,mp4,you name it it's got it,DTS,Pro11,DD5.1 ,optical The picture as depth and clarity and brillantly rich colour.
    If your looking for a great piece of kit look no further.:thumbsup:
    P.S it looks nice to:)

2. RussB

RussB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Do you have a link to it?

How much and where from, am looking into a all in one for a friend so interested in this.

Cheers,

3. grifter33

grifter33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking at this system but I've decided to go for SC-HT855 as it seems to be getting positive feedback and unlike the 990 it uses a HDMI connection.

4. sunjammer

sunjammer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 855 also has the all-important optical input - essential if you want an external source, such as Sky movies in true surround sound :thumbsup:

5. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Curry's have the 990 selling online for £317.00 + £7.00 postage.

There's a £20.00 voucher out there until 26th August or thereabouts bringing it down to £304.

I think I'll go with the 855 myself for the reasons stated by other forum members