Panasonic Scht 70

Tango

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this so sorry for any repitition of previous posts.

I recently purchased a Panasonic TX28PL10 after weeks of research.

I only got Nicam as I was advised that to get Cinema sound it was better to purchase and external amp.

I really want to buy the Scht -70 but I would like to hear from people that have that player before the kill like any BAD points.

Is this the best one to go for?

I was told the sony 500 was good but the cd sound quality wasnt all that?

I just really want the good/bad points of this machine and not a discussion on prices.

Also I want a multiregion one shall I get a normal Region2 player from a hight street shop and buy the kit for 35.00 from

http://techtronics.com

Also with the TV it only has 2 scarts how am I gonna connect 3 external devices? I dont really want to use a scart adapter or watch sky thru the AV channel of the video. Can U loop it so the video overides the sky when Play is pressed?

Many Thanks
Tango

I've got the same problem and I tell you where I've got to so far, it might help. My friend has just bought the Sony DAVS500 which looks nice, sounds fine etc but we both agreed that if you want the volume just cranked up a bit more than usual, say a few mates round with beers etc then he was turning it up flat out, this is in a small lounge, and the sound started to sound a bit harsh, at flat out. I looked into the DAVS800, which you can get for the same price as a DAVS500 (froma Sony Centre) if you shop around. I ruled Sony out. I went to my local shop, he says that Panasonic have just launched a new all-in-one cinema package, couldn't tell me the model but it will be about £400 and will have it in on Weds. The old Panny systems wasn't rated that well but I'll keep you posted as I'm checking it out on Sat. My other choice is the VideoLogic Home Theatre DTS (£350 from dabs.co.uk) which from what I've read blows both the Sony and the old Panny away in terms of sound and volume so unless the new Panny is stunning then thats what I'm going for. Role on Saturday!!

Yep it's a real pain this!! I'm a bit worried about the volume of the Sony's, 300, 500, 800, roughly equate to volume, not it wattsor anything so is the volume on the DAV400 somewhere in the middle of the DAVS300 and 500? To my ears my friends DAVS500 at 280watts total was being pushed and even Sony's specs says this is with 10% distortion!!

The Videologic at the moment seems a good deal. Have you got a link to the DAVS400 review at all?

Cheers

Hello again Tango.
As you will remember from your last threat I also have the TX28PL10 and the SCHT-70 I have found the system to sound good enough for me. I have had the volume up till it was anti social and it wasn't a) harsh to me and b) at full blast. I bought a Region 2 model and will get it chipped by Techtronics.

I think mentioned in my last thread that I do wish it was DTS capable But that is because I hate the thought of missing out the option of the sound quality that many people say is better than DD5.1 but not having heard the difference myself I can live with this.

But I greet the news of a brand new system by Panasonic with some dread as it may well be better specified, if it is I would wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I were you.

Connections, I agree it is limiting but I would happily use a QED scart controller as extolled on many ocasions by pointon.

I don,t have sky so I dont know whether you can do what you want to do.

The link is

http://www.avland.co.uk/sony/davs400/index.htm

the only 1 i have seen sry this isnt a review just specs i aint seen any reviews yet

I rung lots of places up i found that it will cost $360.00 and multi region +30 more

It will be out in 2 weeks time. only a few shops know any info on this!!!!!!
i have a budget of 400 pounds but everywhere says the dav 300 is the best. but luckily i waited as this has CD-R/CD-RW/ video CD player tooo

Looking at the specs i see its 5x 40 W same as the s500 but the 300 was only 5x30W. im not doing anything till i hear it

Tango

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom