1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic scht-520...multiregion?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by alexb4real, Nov 9, 2004.

1. alexb4real

alexb4real

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was just wondering if anyone knows whether or not the panasonic scht-520 home cinema dvd system is multiregion, as although it is meant to be a region two player, it supports progressive scan for NTSC disks. does this mean it plays all regions, or just regions one and two, or perhaps just one?

I was also wondering if progressive scan will make any difference to picture quality when viewing through a 21" 60hz television.

Also if anyone has any feedback from using this player i would love to hear any as i am seriously considering buying one.

thanks

Alex

2. Bender

Bender
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just about to buy one, supposed to be very good system for the price.

It has won best buy awards in the home cinema mags.

It does not come multiregion as standard, but can be made multiregion by using a service remote ( you can hire them for about £20 - £30 I think )

Assuming you live in the UK, you can buy them already made multiregion.
    Richer Sounds have them at £199 at the moment.

If you buy it as a region 2 or region 1 only player, you will be stuck with that region, unless you pay to have it made multiregion. (You can't just type in a multiregion hack code on this model, like you can on some dvd players)

I don't think you will see that much difference with prog scan on the type of set you mention, but I don't know for sure. That's if the TV will take prog scan input, which I'd be surprised if it could