Panasonic SCHT 340 Multiregion Remote Hack

S

Sharktastic

Hi there,

I have been given a Panasonic SCHT 340 Home Cinema System. The Amplifier comes with integral DVD player but is encoded to Region 2. Does anyone have a remote hack to make the DVD region free.

Appreciated.

Pete

Hi Hackeroonie,

Thanks for the info. Doesn't look like it's possible at the mo and trying it could damage the system.

Pete.

Sharktastic (Pete)

Did you ask on the Forum if your Player can be made Region & RCE free ... Because your Player is not on the list it could mean it cannot be done or it could just mean it has not been tried on your Player yet.

Ask on the Forum Thread I think you may be surprised ...if it is not possible someone will usually tell you....and the reply's are usually quite quick as that Forum thread is a busy one at the Moment.

There are many Forum members that have contributed to the Forum Thread that seem to have been able to get the Hack to work sucessfully, and there are some other Forum Members who seem to know a great deal about the codes ...you can always PM them..

As for damaging your Player well this is always possible with any Firmware type Hack.... but from what I am reading if the Hack is applied following the instructions carefully then it appears to work well....And it also appears that if a mistake is made then Recovery is also possible....you can ask about this as well.

Of course if you are still unsure then you can always use the Services of a "Chippng Company" ....see the Banner at the Bottom of the Page or do a Google search ...if your Player can be made Multi Region and / or RCE proof then they will soon tell you.......but they cost

Hackeroonie

Hackeroonie.

In the words of Homer Simpson....Dohhhhhh.

I actually tried a Region 1 disc in the player and it worked. Won't handle RCE discs so I suppose problem solved. I read the operating manual all the way through and lo and behold in print so small you would need to be an ant to read it, it said "will play NTSC DVDs".

Must admit I find this unusual for Panasonic.

Sharktastic.

Sharktastic said:
Hackeroonie.

In the words of Homer Simpson....Dohhhhhh.
I read the operating manual all the way through and lo and behold in print so small you would need to be an ant to read it, it said "will play NTSC DVDs".

Must admit I find this unusual for Panasonic.

Sharktastic.

Region 2 is PAL (UK/Europe) and NTSC (Japan) dual format. That is why it shows NTSC as being compatible.

Justin,

I actually have a black cat. I am thinking about letting her choose the lottery numbers this week. Yesterday Poverty!!! Come Sunday probably still poverty. Oh well!!!!!

Sharktastic.

Sharktastic said:
Justin,

I actually have a black cat. I am thinking about letting her choose the lottery numbers this week. Yesterday Poverty!!! Come Sunday probably still poverty. Oh well!!!!!

Sharktastic.

Yup, me too, and I try not to run over him:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom