1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SCDT310E Scart?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by googlesher, Feb 26, 2004.

1. googlesher

googlesher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am interested in buying the Panasonic SCDT310E Home Cinema system.

Can somebody please confirm to me whether it has a scart input? I have read on some reviews that it does have a Scart, but not an RGB scart?

Does not having a RGB scart make a lot of difference to the picture?

Also, does the system have an optical out?

Thanks,

Neil.

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    It does not have a scart they give you a scart to phono adapter so you can go into a scart socket on the tv but not rgb.

3. tin

tin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It doesn't have a scart in or out, and it doesn't have an optical out (well there's an optical link between the units but I don't think you can use that)

Use the s-video out and it's good enough for me (no bleeding), or apparently some foreign version has component out (why the hell did they not include this on the UK version!!!?????) The thing they provide with it is crap.

By the way I am very chuffed with mine (after being most unsatisfied with a Sony davs-550 and Panny SCHT-500)

4. 127pjsny

127pjsny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suggest you do not buy Panasonic. My SC-HT80 has stoped reading DVD's. The Panasonic support is no support.