1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SCDT310?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bertha, Jun 17, 2003.

1. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Has anyone bought this puppy? Popped into my local panasonic retailer & spoke to the most disinterested miserable sales person I've met so far (& that's saying something) - he reckoned it was overkill for a bedroom & he's probably right but the crappy midi system I have in the bedroom at the mo cost about 3 times as much 10 years ago..and this boy has dvda, dvdram (mp3 heaven), dolby pro 2, and so on...anyway I'm getting off the point...does anyone know how long the speaker cables are as the set up I would need would place the hifi in one corner & the tv in the other..I'd also need a seriously long s-video cable (10m or so) - should I forget about it and noboff and die as the retailer implied by his expression?

Any info most welcome:D

Berth

2. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Berth,

I'm not an expert on mini AV systems, but I don't think that cable lengths should be a problem as the system should let you connect the speakers with your own speaker cable, in which case you could buy your own choice of cable to whatever size and quality you require.

I would ask the (hopeless) dealer if you could see the rear of the amplifier to confirm that it has terminals that would allow you to connect your own cable.

A 10m s-video cable will also be fine, as these are available from several manufacturers.

Also, I don't see any problem with using equipment such as this in a bedroom. I currently have a full 5.1 system set up in a room that is only 12' by 12', and it sounds great.

regards

Bob.

3. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    cheers fatbob - I thought the problem would most likely be at the speaker end with the cables as sometimes these sytems have the cables prewired into the speaker where you can't get to it without busting them open...I may venture back to mr useless's shop and have a better look....thanks again

awrabest

Berth;)