1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SCDT310 Vs Sony DAV SC5

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Moorish, Dec 19, 2003.

?
  1. Panasonic SCDT 310

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Sony DAV SC 5

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Moorish

Moorish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry to post yet another of these threads, I've trawled the archive and couldn't really find any conclusive info.

Anyone got any links to reviews for either of these systems? Google seems to have been taken over by bloody online shopping sites so whenever I search for reviews, that's all I end up with.

I'll be using my system mainly with a 21inch 4:3 Sony (for now) TV for DVDs, Xbox/PS2/Cube & also for linking to my iPod. What narrowed me down to these systems is that I wanted RGB SCART & a digital input (for the consoles), which I believe they both have.

They both look pretty good aesthetically, not too sure about the wood finish on the 310 but I like the design of the speakers more than the SC5.

It'll have to be multi-region and I'd like to get extended warranty. From RicherSounds the 310 is £349 + £30 for 3yrs cover. However, they don't seem to stock the SC5 and I'd much rather buy it from a retail outlet.

So any thoughts that might sway my decision either way? Please don't suggest the Panasonic 900 system I don't really have room for those imposing speaker stands!

2. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32