panasonic SCDT100 vs philips LX3000D - HELP!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by seacraig, Sep 2, 2002.

1. seacraig

seacraig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to get my first home cinema system but have limited technical know how. Spent a lot of time researching the Sony DAV-S400 and have heard a lot of mixed reviews but gather it isn't all that hot. For roughly the same price I could get the Philips LX3000D or the Panasonic SCDT100 - but can't find any reviews on these machines anywhere! Does anyone have any advice?! I'm drawn towards the Panasonic but the 'advice' I get from the guys in Dixons or Currys seems to revolve purely on which one they think looks the best!

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    My opinion would be to go with the Philips. RGB Scart output is a useful addition for auto switching/auto formatting etc and IMO it blows the socks off of the Panasonic as far as sound quality is concerned.

Not seen any reviews of the Philips but I seem to remember reading a review of the SCDT100 in Home Entertainment magazine a month or so ago (I think!). Don't think it faired too well..... :(

Hope this helps.

Kelvin.