• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic SC-PT470

tommyp88

Standard Member
Hi,

I'm not very good with electronics, so looking for some advice please, apologies if i sound a little dim.

I have just been given the Panasonic SC-PT470 system, connected all the speakers to the main box, and connected to my TV using HDMI cable.

Using the DVD/Ipod on the HDMI 2 channel for the panasonic i can hear everything through the surround sound (good times) however if i switch to HDMI 1 (xbox360)or to AV i can hear everything through the TV's speakers. What do i need to do in order to get my xbox360 and TV playing through surround sound?

If it helps my TV is a Toshiba (unsure of model)

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Tom

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
you need to connect the 360 directly to the surround via optical for 5.1.
same goes for the tv, you have to use its audio out, connected to a matching audio in, on the surround.

connecting the 470 via hdmi to a tv is only a 1 way system, and thats for viewing dvds on the telly with sound from the surround.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom