Panasonic SC-PT460EB short cables

jamest1987

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am looking at getting the Panasonic SC-PT460EB to go with the Panasonic TH-42PZ80B but having read some reviews it looks like the cables are a little short for the rear speakers and are hard wired so can't be extended without some DIY work.

I like the look of the features on the unit but the short cable (probably poor quality cable?) is putting me off a bit.

Are there any similar units that I can add some speakers and subwoofer to for a similar price (~£200)? Would be good to be able to get some good cable that I can cut to the right length to fit the room.

I am looking at getting the Panasonic SC-PT460EB to go with the Panasonic TH-42PZ80B but having read some reviews it looks like the cables are a little short for the rear speakers and are hard wired so can't be extended without some DIY work.

I like the look of the features on the unit but the short cable (probably poor quality cable?) is putting me off a bit.

Are there any similar units that I can add some speakers and subwoofer to for a similar price (~£200)? Would be good to be able to get some good cable that I can cut to the right length to fit the room.
James. I have the same thing with my Panny set up. All the guys did was extend them with connecting blocks, and taped over.They are hidden under the skirting. I am very happy with it. Me and the boy(17) watched Die Hard 4 on HD with the system on half sound (25). This was via the optical cable.fudge me I nearly lost my sense of being when the explosions started! My room is only 14 ft x 14ft, watching a TH50PZ Panny wall mounted. What a laugh, and what a blokes film, made amazing with the sound system. Go for it!! Cheers. Chris. :clap:

Thanks for the reply. How long were the cables? The room isn't too big, but the wires still have to go all the way around. Got wood flooring down which I can't get taken up without ruining it so can't do it under the floor.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom