• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic SC-PT460EB short cables

jamest1987

Standard Member
I am looking at getting the Panasonic SC-PT460EB to go with the Panasonic TH-42PZ80B but having read some reviews it looks like the cables are a little short for the rear speakers and are hard wired so can't be extended without some DIY work.

I like the look of the features on the unit but the short cable (probably poor quality cable?) is putting me off a bit.

Are there any similar units that I can add some speakers and subwoofer to for a similar price (~£200)? Would be good to be able to get some good cable that I can cut to the right length to fit the room.

peely67

Standard Member
I am looking at getting the Panasonic SC-PT460EB to go with the Panasonic TH-42PZ80B but having read some reviews it looks like the cables are a little short for the rear speakers and are hard wired so can't be extended without some DIY work.

I like the look of the features on the unit but the short cable (probably poor quality cable?) is putting me off a bit.

Are there any similar units that I can add some speakers and subwoofer to for a similar price (~£200)? Would be good to be able to get some good cable that I can cut to the right length to fit the room.
James. I have the same thing with my Panny set up. All the guys did was extend them with connecting blocks, and taped over.They are hidden under the skirting. I am very happy with it. Me and the boy(17) watched Die Hard 4 on HD with the system on half sound (25). This was via the optical cable.fudge me I nearly lost my sense of being when the explosions started! My room is only 14 ft x 14ft, watching a TH50PZ Panny wall mounted. What a laugh, and what a blokes film, made amazing with the sound system. Go for it!! Cheers. Chris. :clap:

jamest1987

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply. How long were the cables? The room isn't too big, but the wires still have to go all the way around. Got wood flooring down which I can't get taken up without ruining it so can't do it under the floor.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom