Panasonic SC-PT450 Sound Issues

P

PaulGraphics

Dear all,

I have just purchased a Panasonic SC-PT450 cinema system to go with my awesome TH-42PX700 TV, but have come across a few difficulties. I have hooked up the 2 with an HDMI cable which gives me great picture & sound when playing a DVD, but not the other way around. Is there a way I can hear a 5.1 sound when viewing my TV channels. I tried audio leads from the TV but this only gives me 2 channels of sound. I also have Sky (standard box at the moment). The only way I could get the sounds from my cinema system was to link the sky box directly with a scart. I'm not sure if this is correct?

And yes I did refer to the instructions, but I found Panasonics set-up guide for both systems extremely difficult to understand.

Any help would be much apprciated.

I have the same setup connected with HDMI and have the same problem. When I direct the TV to use the PT450 speakers as per the manual, the PT450 switches on with AU displayed and there is no sound at all. Switching the PT450 to Ext In etc doesn't seem to help. I have asked Panasonic for help but haven't received a response.

Hi, I had the same issues seems daft, but after much heartache, pressed button s.srd bottom right second up on remote.
This then set to prologic instead of stereo bingo sound out of all speakers
:thumbsup::clap:
Phil

I don't believe your TV will use the bi-directional nature of the HDMI cable
connecting analogue stereo leads and the using the button above should give you what you need.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom