Panasonic SC-PT350WEB-S

gromero

thanks, i went and had a look at the 350 today, and was amazed to see that the speakers aren't really wireless. a signal is sent by radio wave to a receiver that you can place behind the sofa for example but the two speakers are still connected to this box by wires.
what's the point of that?!?

so i bought the SC-PT450EB-K.
i was tempted to get the 850 with the big speakers but i know my cats would use them as a scratch post.

so I've managed to set it all up and have watched two films already, fantastic stuff, the little speakers are superb considering their size.

one slightly annoying thing I have already discovered though, is you can't listen to audio from your tv when you connect the main box via HDMI to your tv, can only use the surround sound speakers when watching dvd's.
you can use them when connecting with scart though, is there much difference between the two connectors? I would assume that HDMI connectio n is superior? just wish I could use all the speakers when watching tv progs too!!

kentish_lad

thanks, i went and had a look at the 350 today, and was amazed to see that the speakers aren't really wireless. a signal is sent by radio wave to a receiver that you can place behind the sofa for example but the two speakers are still connected to this box by wires.
what's the point of that?!?

so i bought the SC-PT450EB-K.
i was tempted to get the 850 with the big speakers but i know my cats would use them as a scratch post.

so I've managed to set it all up and have watched two films already, fantastic stuff, the little speakers are superb considering their size.

one slightly annoying thing I have already discovered though, is you can't listen to audio from your tv when you connect the main box via HDMI to your tv, can only use the surround sound speakers when watching dvd's.
you can use them when connecting with scart though, is there much difference between the two connectors? I would assume that HDMI connectio n is superior? just wish I could use all the speakers when watching tv progs too!!

HDMI is superior, has your tv got phono outputs ? (red/white)

gromero

i have the pan viera th37px70,
which on the pan. website says audio output - (no)
but I just had a look round the back and there are two pairs of phono (red/white) connectors, one is for video in, and just to the right side of that there is another pair of phonos with audio written underneath with a little arrow pointing out.
so i assume this is audio out?

kentish_lad

i have the pan viera th37px70,
which on the pan. website says audio output - (no)
but I just had a look round the back and there are two pairs of phono (red/white) connectors, one is for video in, and just to the right side of that there is another pair of phonos with audio written underneath with a little arrow pointing out.
so i assume this is audio out?

If the arrow is pointing out of the red/white just make a connection from there to your 450 'AUX', then on your 450's remote press 'EXT-IN' to display 'AUX' to listen to TV sound.......sorted :thumbsup:

gromero

excellent thanks :smashin:, that will save me swapping cables over when i want to switch between tv and dvd.

i'm quite chuffed with my set-up now, considering it was on a budget. I've paid out less than £800 for a great screen and sound :D

kentish_lad

excellent thanks :smashin:, that will save me swapping cables over when i want to switch between tv and dvd.

i'm quite chuffed with my set-up now, considering it was on a budget. I've paid out less than £800 for a great screen and sound :D

Just press the 'EXT-IN' on remote, and display AUX for TV viewing or 'DVD' for dvd player

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom