1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SC-PM39 (Please Help!)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by y97rosn, Oct 28, 2004.

1. y97rosn

y97rosn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys.

I've been looking for a Home Cinema kit to go in my relatively-small bedroom. I was flicking through What Hi-Fi magazine (UK) when I came across the Panasonic SC-PM39, a neat little kit which boasts a five-disc multi-changer (DVD/CD), cassette, AM/FM tuner, Dolby Digital/DTS decoder and various surround-sound modes. It's basically a hi-fi with a built-in DVD player, but it's an attractive price at £250 and it was named "Best Home Cinema in a Box Under £300" in What Hi-Fi's 2004 awards.

Basically I was wondering if anyone had bought/tested this kit - and if so what did you think? I'm very picky when it comes to picture quality (my current DVD player isn't the best), and I'd like something that will offer decent surround-sound for my small room, without the hassle of separate speakers (-I have limited space and the PM39 looks very compact). I'm new to Home Cinema so any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers in advance.

Nate