Panasonic SC-HTR210 or 5.1 Surround Sound

Fozzer

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a Panasonic plasma 42 inch (TH42PZ81B) and I'm looking at getting some home theatre/cinema to enhance it. I have seen the above model advertised which is a combined TV stand with inbuilt speakers http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/1032734/index.html but I am unable to find any reviews on the product and as the speakers are contained within the stand I was wondering it it really can produce surround sound to a high standard.

Any help gratefully accepted as I'm a complete novice in this area.

Moved to Speakers :smashin:

Hi, Welcome to the forums:thumbsup:

I have been looking at this, and while it does look a very tidy option, it is only 3.1 virtual surround :(

I am not sure on the quality of sound this will produce as well, but I can guarantee for the £400 you will pay for this stand/speaker err 'thing' :D .. you will be able to buy a very good 5.1 system for a similar price and no doubt get an increase in performance in doing so :thumbsup:

I will leave the recommendations to others who have better knowledge with speaker & amp packages around that budget :smashin:

Thanks Paul,

I guess I was hoping to get a sound system AND a cabinet for £400ish altogether so this seemed to fit the bill plus wouldn't have loads of speakers around the room. However it concerns me about the use of the word 'virtual' when describing the dolby sound and I'd rather buy separates if I'm going to lose out on quality.

Anyway thanks again.

Dave :thumbsup:

Hi, Will recommend this package (I have heard the older models and for around £200 they were superb value for money) :thumbsup:

Yamaha AV63

This would also give you enough cash left over to buy a stand for your screen etc! and get you a 5.1 system that can be upgraded bit by bit at a later date, if you ever feel the need to upgrade :smashin:

Edit: Will edit your title and add "or 5.1 surround sound" for recognition purposes in the hope you get a few more recommendations :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom