1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SC-HT900

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by monsieurblack, Oct 27, 2003.

1. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hiya guys :)

i know i know...sorry for starting yet another thread on the Panasonic SC-HT900 :eek: [mods please feel free to merge if you see fit :)]

after the great help and support of you peeps here [you know who you are ;):D] i recently took the plunge and got myself a sony 32fx68 and am very happy. now i have my set i'm considering an all-in-one system. i know the various advantages and disadvantages of the all-in-ones and separates and have decided that the all in one is the way i'd like to go [if i do in fact get one at all :)]

the Panasonic SC-HT900 is the one i've heard many great things about and after seeing the pics too it appears to be just what i'm after interms of looks and the speakers being suitable for my home [in size/style and i won't need a great deal of volume...] i currently have a pioneer 636d multiregion so it is a must that if i am to replace it i do so with another multiregion. my only problem being that the best price i've seen is at techtronics and having been here i now have heard quite a few 'horror' stories and was wondering if anyone could recommend an alternative store? obviously still at a reasonable price too ;):cool:

as i said...i'm still not 100% sure that i will be getting it and if so i may need to wait til next month or so :eek: so no great great urgency, but your help would be very much appreciated as always peeps :smashin:

as an extra i have seen on www.amazon.com [yup the us one] that they are selling the Panasonic SC-HT900 for around $400!!! man, its more than that here in pounds! might have to make some enquiries...don't suppose anyone knows how to go about buying off the us site do they? any success [or horror...] stories?

thanks a million!!!
    monsieurblack

2. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    oh superb! :D:smashin:

thanks for the heads up blackbull :)

you're a star. i'll have to check them out. glad you had no probs with techtronics...i suppose you can't go wrong selling a piece of hardware such as a dvd player [i'm assuming the problems arise when theres a fault with an item...]

anyway, thanks for that...i'll have a browse

luvvly jubbly
    monsieurblack

4. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to have been of help

5. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Hi :)

I've just ordered a Panny SC-HT900 from here for £408.98 including next day delivery. It is described as RCE compatible, which was important!

Sigs

EDIT Re: the Amazon one...........you'd run the risk of import taxes etc., plus I imagine the Panny would be R1 only, and you'd also need a transformer for the different electricity supply over here! So, probably not worth it ;)

6. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    he he :D

yeah didn't think about all that :eek: but still feels a little unfair on price...hey ho same as usual i suppose ;) :) :cool:

thanks for link to dvdworld :smashin: that sounds like a really good price :cool:

i'll have to see how my bank account copes ;)

thanks guys
    you're a massive help
    monsieurblack