1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SC-HT900 - Sky+ Audio Problems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Dizagaox, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Dizagaox

Dizagaox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi everybody!

I have an Panny SC-HT900 sound system, for my plasma system, and DVDs work perfect on it. However, I just got Sky+ installed, and I am having some difficulty working the Dolby surround sound.

I'm using an optical cable, which connects the Sky+ box to the DVD-part of the HT900 system. BUT, the audio is only coming out through the front three speakers (L, C, R and not LS or RS). When I use the "S.Suround" and "D-II" buttons, they work, but all the LS and RS dialogue from the back two speakers is coming out sounding aquatic.

I've tried the 'DS' movies on Sky Movies, and they work in surround, however the dialogue is still aquatic. And for normal 2.1 surround, you can only hear it properly if you use standard 2.1, or you use the "Party" setting (which is mono).

Does anyone know how I could solve this huge mess out? Thank you!

2. Dizagaox

Dizagaox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Actually, scrap the above. Could someone answer the following questions for me please:

1) I keep on getting these aquatic sounds in the back two speakers, whenever I play at 'DD' movie on Sky Movies, or normal Pro Logic show. Does anyone know how I can sort this out?

2) When playing a 'DD' movie/program, what is the correct mode to set the audio to? Do i use "Super Surround - Movie" or "Pro Logic II - Movie" or any other type?

Thank you!

3. PANASONIC MAN

PANASONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    those panasonic machines really sound best in plII-Party, really. The sound isn't mono, the rear speakers are essentially a copy of the front two, though at a lower volume, obviously.

i'm not a 100% sure on the remote for that machine, but if it has the multi rear option, that really makes a difference too.

4. phillem

phillem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't help with your sky dd problem, but for dpl2, press the PLII till your display shows movie, the top left side of your diplay will now show PLII. Use the SFC button to choose clear, do not use the s.srnd button to choose settings. I find this is the best settings for watching all programme types.

5. Dizagaox

Dizagaox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thank you!