Panasonic SC-HT900 Multi Region Hack

Rolling

Established Member
Reaction score
Went to purchase this all in one from a local dealer....asked him if they did it multi region, he said yes but we dont go inside the machine we use a disk from panasonic to flash the firmware, just wondered if anyone had heard of this and knows if you can buy this disk anywhere online as the dealer charges £100 to do it...TIA

Have a search on the net some people post these hacks for you to burn onto a DVD/CD and you just do it yourself.

£100 for him to stick a disk in!!! When some one goes in and chips it less than half price.:eek:

searched high and low garret no luck m8t:(

About a month back I was looking at DVD’s and I found a site that gave them (not necessary for the 900 though). But I have had a look myself today and could not find anything. Sorry.

I still think the dealer is charging too much to make it multi region most places charge about £20 to hack them.
Mind me asking how much they will charge for the system and hack? I have found one hacked for £450 here I have not dealt with them though so I cannot vouch for them and funnily there are not too many that are hacked at other sites.:confused:

£600.........daylight robbery

cheers m8t....will try that out

sorry Rolling, should have said, it'll cost you £20, but still reasonable i think

if you try it, let me know. If you can get the code (with a Pronto) from the remote they send you could share it (maybe ask for a donation???)

Originally posted by Rolling
cheers m8t....will try that out
Let us know how you get on.
My mate has the SC-HT900 and was also thinking of using
dvdcodes.net but, after reading that Philster failed with
3 different remotes, he's now resigned to getting it chipped.

Hey all,

I have the HT700, which is the New Zealand/Australia version of the HT900. I have tried some hacks for other DVD players. This one seems to work to a point for the HT900 (well, at least the HT700):

Start player with no disc,
Hold shift and press setup
Press enter twice (english, then yes)
Move to 'other'
Type 000x (where x is region code)
Press 'return' twice
switch off for three seconds (at least)

The problem is, it seems to work. The 'other' thing is there, and you can enter some numbers etc, but changing these still doesn't seem to let me play other region DVDs.

Any further info available? I thought that if I could at least get this far, there muct be something I can do. It looks so promising!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom