1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SC-HT80

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by 127pjsny, Apr 14, 2004.

1. 127pjsny

127pjsny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic SC-HT80. I purchased it on 6/23/00. I use it for DVD play about 4 to 10 times a month. Last year it occasionally displayed " No PLAY" when I attempted to play new release movies. Now it will not play any new release movies. It will play the Special Effects DVD ( Disc Two ) included with the new release movie. It will also play my old DVD's. I have contacted Panasonic Customer Call Center. They suggest taking the unit to a service center. I have read about other SC-HT50 owners having the same problem. If anyone has a solution or a suggestion for solving this problem I would be very grateful if you would respond. Thank You. It just (5/1/04) played the new DVD " Big Fish ", could it be the parental software control on the new DVD's preventing the unit from playing the newer DVD's?

2. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    i had one of these units with same prob asy ou took it to local panny shop theycleared all the lasers etc it now works fine cost 30 quid

3. 127pjsny

127pjsny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your response. Yours is the first time I have heard of anyone having the problem fixed. The unit just played the new DVD "Big Fish". I wonder sometimes if parental software on the new DVD's is the reason my unit will not play the Newer DVD's that are "R" rated?

4. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    i think it prob is just dirty same as mine get it checked out