1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic sc-ht520 volume

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Optiplex, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Optiplex

Optiplex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading numerous magazines this all-in-one seemed to have good reviews.

Now I've jad it for a wee while I'm left dissapointed in 2 things:

The volume isn't very loud. You have to turn it nearly all the way up before it comes near to a decent level. Has anyone else experienced this or is there something wrong with mine? Is there anyway around it, can you by a pre-amp or something to give it a bit of a boost?

Secondly, the front surrounds are not very exciting. Np matter what setting i've tried the seem very flat. Again anyone got any thoughts on this.

Any help appreciated.

2. fathervic

fathervic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Unfortunately there's not much you can do with these systems as they're designed to be a simple 'one-box' solution without the need or ability for udgrading...
    These packages are generally designed at a price so although good for the money, just might not have been the right system for YOU.
    Stick with what you have, save up and then when you're ready, go for a couple of auditions and stop listening to reviews - there's no such thing as best and if you go to a GOOD INDEPENDANT RETAILER, they'll listen to what your needs are, give you advice suggest some products and you can spend money with confidence. Don't buy from the net just coz of random reviews, spend the extra - get the proper advice and the backup, and if its still not right, they'll be there to help.
    As for your rears, you can turn them up but depending what you're listening to, levels can vary depending on mixes of DVDs or surround info from prologic from your TV.
    Also, make sure your cables are "in-phase" as this can cause a little lack in ooomph and may end up sounding "hollow".