1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic SC-HT520 Question re: Connection

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by texasboy, May 18, 2005.

1. texasboy

texasboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    One of my mates has just picked one of these up and has asked me to give him a hand installing it.

I'm getting some cables for him this week and hopefully we'll get it installed over the weekend, preferably before the FA Cup Final as the pub will be beckoning!

My mate is away with work this week and I don't have a key to his house to check the 520 out hence this post.

Do all the satellite speakers connect into the sub, then an umbilical cord back to the 520 itself or does everything connect directly to the 520.

If the former is correct, how long is the umbilical cord? He wanted to put his sub in the opposite corner of the room to the 520 (about 3 metres apart) and fish the cable behind the plasterboard.

I had a quick search on google for the manual and all I could find was the Nordic one!

Anyone with one of these systems who could answer this question would be a star!

Thanks

2. jakec

jakec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You were right with your first guess.
    All the speakers connect to the sub and then a cable connects the sub to the back of the DVD player.

Unfortunately for you the cable isn't that long, off the top of my head it's probably only about 1m long maybe slightly more, but definitely not 3m, so you may have a problem there if he wants to position it in the opposite corner.

I hope this helps.

Jakec

3. suniil

suniil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +402
    Yes, the cable from sub to dvd player is 1 meter the maximum.