panasonic sc-ht500 or pionerr..please please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by susan26uk2003, May 6, 2004.

1. susan26uk2003

susan26uk2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can someone please help me..ive been searching for hours and im now more confused than when i started.all i can find is sites selling stuff with reviews of shops.i am stuck between a pioneer dcs-313 or a panasonic sc-ht500 the pioneer is $35 more expensive than the panasonic...when i played cd in store the pioneer sounded much louder and clearer..but the sc-ht500 is 500 watts..(i was gonna get the sc-mt1 but thats only 400 watts output)...i noticed the panasonic sc-ht500 had a 210 watt sub woopfer...and the pioneers sub woofer is only 75 watts..so im so confused..which plays louder and more clear..i will be using thissystem for my music and normal tv...i know panasonic works tv but does pioneer..as sales guy is thick...also noticed the pioneer had dolby prologic 11 and pana just normal...is there much diffrence in prop logic 1 and 2..im sure you guys have been asked before about this so please take a little minute and answer me...i have a nice smile honest..lol..i like to watch movies and my tv loud and have a normal size room so please email me at [email protected] with any advise or ill try and find this page again..hope someone can take the time...thanks susan

2. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Read my pioneer topics and see my opinions.

Btw i now have a pioneer 313 and its bloody loud even at volume 20-25 on dvds and it goes upto 70 i hear lol and i tryed 30 but got neighbours complaining that god was shouting at them :D

It is clear the sound and loud and the sub is passive but is damn fine bass although when not using dvds i tend to turn down the bass a bit and treble up a bit.

Its best for dvds as music sounds to me just not as good as my old jvc sound system that i was given as i mean that the instruments dont come through very well but i may have set up my system wrong for music and there are bloody loads of presets to try so i may have the wrong one on there.

Overall i give it a 9 out of 10 :)

3. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problems i find it that the rating are generall rated in PMPO rather than rms outputs and so what seems powerful is often poor. All i can say is which sounds like it has more ooomph has more ooomph. (Not very technical i know)

On the dolby thing, prologic 2 is more advanced when decoding rear channels and i have to say on my Sony unit i can swap between prologic and prologic II and when playing music the difference is definatly noticable but doesn't actually improve the quality of the sound.

If you pop onto dolbys website there is a thousand page essay on how it all works, but really Prologic is fine as you generally find rear channels when decoding stereo sources are only used when there is music rather than speech and prologic 2 provides 2 separathe channels where i think prologic has one rear channel and both rear speakers give the same output. If that makes sense?

4. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Each speakers is 75w RMS not PMPO rated. So there good ones :)

5. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    God thats serious power! Making me jealous now although the clarity of my system makes up for it!

6. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    or you can wait 3 weeks new panny all in one comes out scht870 about 400 pounds 1000 wats picture of it at avland