Panasonic SC-HT25R Query?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by StevieC, Oct 30, 2004.

1. StevieC

StevieC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've decided to upgrade my Sony DAV-500 for a DVD recorder and after viewing posts on this forum think I'll go for the Panasonic SC-HT25R (unless anyone has a good reason to steer clear of it?).

One of the problems I currently have with DVD's is my 2 year old getting hold of her Lion King collection and scratching them to the point they no longer play properly.

My query is this .. is it possible to record DVD's to the HDD of the Panasonic and then save them to DVD-R so I can rattle off a couple of copies and keep the original DVD safe from the jam covered fingers of my 2 year old?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Afraid not - no DVD recorder will let you do this - however you could hook up a second DVD player to the E85 and copy it that way. You will need a copy protection disabling Scart for that though - others can give advice on that.

3. StevieC

StevieC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I could use my existing Sony DVD player and link it to the new panasonic one, sounds a reasonable solution.

Any bad feed back on the SCHT25R package?