Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic SC-HT1500 component output

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by mishmash, Jun 14, 2005.

1. mishmash

mishmash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Basically I am trying to play my DVD through the component outputs which will enable a progessive scan to be display on my Sagem HD-D45, however I do not get a signal. I am not sure if the problem lies with the DVD player or my TV.

S-Video and SCART both work fine but for the best picture I would like to get a progressive output. I have tried three different component cable, a QED, Profigold and Chord (kind AV shop lent me the cables to test)

I have RTFM to death but am at a bit of a loss at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    you need to go into the set up menu and enable YUV this disables scart output to get Component out of a 1500 IIRC

3. mishmash

mishmash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for the reply. DO you know where in the setup menu I can find this option, I have had a look but can't locate it. I can only find and option to turn progressive on and off.

4. Ben_S

Ben_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've not got my kit in front of me, but from memory there is a setting in AV2. Two output settings have "(with component)", the other does not - sorry can't remember the exact option. Although you are not using the AV2 scart output it does seems to have an effect.

Might work.......

5. mishmash

mishmash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Tried that option. You have the choice of Video (with component), S-Video (with component) and RGB (without component). Didn't make any difference no matter what setting I used.

6. mishmash

mishmash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Sorted now guys. I took the player to a local AV shop and they confirmed that the player is not outputting any component signals so it's back to the shop it goes.