• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic SC-HC35DB - iPods that work?

Jos90

Novice Member
Hi all, first post so hope it's in the right section.
I've recently bought the above mini-system for the main purpose of playing music from an old 1st generation ipod nano. However, on inserting it in the dock, the screen displays the Panasonic logo and then it's not possible to access or navigate the menus using the system remote. The only way to play music is to select the artist / album / genre on the nano before docking, then press play on the remote after docking. The only way to change the music is to undock and repeat the process.
I've checked the compatibility list in the instructions and all nanos are shown, but at the bottom there's some small print which states something like "not all functions are available with all ipods, depending on ipod software".
So, my question is, does anyone know which models of ipod do work (correctly) with these systems? I'm looking (on ebay etc) to buy another ipod which will function correctly, but I don't want to take a punt on something that may not work. My wife's iphone 3G(?) seems to work ok, which makes me think an old Touch might work? I think most Panasonic SC-HC systems would be the same, so doesn't need to be the exact same model - any informed advice welcome.
Many thanks - Jos.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom